How regular giving helps fight diseases of poverty
Committing yourself to giving a regular gift ensures LEPRA Health in Action has a reliable source of regular income which enables us to plan work in advance.
You can set-up a regular direct debit yourself online using our partner organisation JustGiving -- you can also choose to Gift-Aid your donations at the same time.
We all know that money doesn’t go very far these days -- for instance 20p per day seems like a tiny amount. However, for £5 a month (which is less than 20p per day) you can provide basic essentials like life-saving health care and life-changing education and small business skills to the people who most need them.
Making a donation to LEPRA is easy and assured by Direct Debit. Payments by Direct Debit help LEPRA to keep administrative costs to a minimum, ensuring that even more of your money goes towards the cause you have chosen. What’s more, with your permission, we can claim back the tax on your donation through Gift Aid, so that your donation will be worth nearly 30% more at no extra cost to you whatsoever.
What committed giving can provide
£8 per month
- Could help cure four or more people of leprosy or tuberculosis
- Could help educate local health workers and communities to identify the diseases that can destroy their lives
- Could help pay for a school education programme so young children understand from an early age how to look after themselves and where to go for help if they ever need it
- Could help pay for a bicycle so that LEPRA field workers can reach people in remote areas or people who are unable to travel
£10 per month
- Could help pay for the nurses and paramedics who diagnose and treat leprosy and tuberculosis
- Could help a paramedic reach 1,000 people each year and diagnose them. They will also give advice and treatment, or refer them to other health services if necessary
- Could help improve the care given in under-resourced local health systems by screening the population for diseases, making patient registration more efficient and improving the quality of information kept on patients’ records
- Could help rehabilitate people recovering from diseases so that they are not only cured, but also able to play a full role in society once more
£15 per month
- Could help pay for a surgeon for one year
- Could enable a surgeon to operate on more than 600 patients in one year
- Could fund reconstructive surgery to somebody’s hands and feet which have been damaged because of leprosy. A person can regain the use of their hands and/or feet so that they can lead independent lives in the future
- Could enable a surgeon to operate on eyes unable to close because of leprosy, restoring the ability to blink and protecting the eyes from further damage. This operation often saves sight which would otherwise be lost
- E-mail us for information about how to start a regular gift by Direct Debit or Bankers Order.
Simply signing one Gift Aid form will cover all the donations you have made to LEPRA Health in Action for the last 4 years and any future donations.
If you are a UK tax payer and would like to Gift Aid your donation to LEPRA, please click here to download/print a Gift Aid Declaration form.
You must pay an amount of income tax or capital gains tax equal to the tax we reclaim on your donations. Please advise us if you cease to pay tax or move home. Find out more about Gift Aid.
‘My only friends are these people, here, in LEPRA’